Friday, May 21, 2010

Toys!

Yesterday was such a fun day! First of all I have to say again how much I LOVE my Tuesdays and Thursdays at home with Adalyn. I absolutely would not trade them for anything in the world. Some days are productive and others are not. Some days we get out of the house, and some days we do not. Either way, whatever we do, the day is awesome hanging out just the two of us!

As we are approaching 3 months (next week!) Addy is changing so much, both physically and developmentally. It is like she does something new every day! She laughed out loud for the first time on Mother's Day. It was a beautiful sound! Justin was talking to her and she was just listening so intently and then she let out a little chuckle. It was so precious and I could see how much it meant to her Daddy that he was the first one she laughed at! She smiles all the time in response to me talking to her and "talks" too. Her little fat, cheeky, grin is just too cute for words! I would love to show off some pictures of this pretty smile, however, I can't seem to catch it on camera. She can just be laughing and smiling away, but as soon as I break out the camera...the show is over. She puts on that pouty little grumpy face that you see in all of her pictures. I honestly think that the camera distracts her. It is grey and shiny and when it is in front of her she doesn't care what I am doing or what noises I am making to get her to laugh, she only wants to focus on the grey shiny thing...and focusing requires her serious face! But I am determined to catch that smile!

So, yesterday I had her in the floor propped up on her boppy pillow and I offered her a stuffed monkey to play with. She has never expressed any interest in toys of any kind, not even a rattle. So I expected her to look at me crazy and "request" her passy. She has started teething early so it is hard on her as she isn't old enough to really know how to hold a teether and put it to her mouth to chew. I tried holding an iced one to her mouth for her so that she could chew, but she just licked it like an ice cream cone...which was super cute, but not really helping her little swollen gum. The monkey that I offered her has chewable hands so I thought she might want to give it a try. She didn't care for the chewy hands but she did LOVE putting the soft parts of the monkey in her mouth. It was so so so SO cute. She was even holding him! She was going to town chewing on that monkey and Mommy was loving it. I took like a million pictures which I will post when I have a minute to download them to my computer. I couldn't believe she was finally taking interest in toys. I gave her a few more to try out. She still didn't care much for anything hard like rattles or teethers, but she was loving anything soft and furry and put it right in her mouth. I was so proud! I love that little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment