Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Busy Body Baby

Being in a uterus must be fun, because my daughter is having a party in there! She really moves all of the time. I wonder when she sleeps....which makes me wonder when will I sleep after she gets here. Sometimes I think she must be working on some type of project in there and is going to pop out with a model airplane or something. She is busy! I asked my doctor last week if all babies move this much, or she really is just her father's child and finds it impossible to be still for more than 5 seconds. Justin has ants in his pants so I guess the ants run in her genes. It is really cool at times. She even entertained the cashier at JC Pennys yesterday while I was checking out. She was kicking Mommy very hard and the lady could see her and commented. I was there looking for nursing bras. All I have to say about that is WTF? Who makes these things? They can't possibly fit anyone in a flattering fashion. Ok I know they are for nursing, but seriously, I can't wear these to work under actual clothes once I go back to work and am pumping every day. First of all, they don't make them in enough sizes for larger breasted moms to be (and arent all moms to be fairly large breasted by this time). Who is 7 months pregnant and wearing a 32A?? The largest that they run is DD. However, I hope you are huge if you are a DD because the smallest band size you are going to find is a 42! I started out a D to a DD before pregnancy. So I am beyond anything that Motherhood Maternity or JCPennys can offer me, but who likes to order some super expensive nursing bra that you can't try on and can only return by mail. SOOoooo I did leave Pennys with two bras. They are basically just cotton almost sports bra type of nursing bras except they hook in the back like a normal bra. They are 42 DDs, and entirely too big in the band and ride up...but it will save those of you who will be visiting me in the hospital from cathing the eyeful that you NEVER wanted to see! Until I get ready to pack my hospital bag I am also sleeping in them for now. I can rotate those and my nursing tanks because I cannot bare to be without support (even minimal) for any legnth of time now. These suckers are HEAVY! Its almost all I can do to shower without a bra on. I'm afraid that during that short 15 mintue period of each day they are just gonna stretch and fall down to my feet because they seriously weigh a ton each. Is it possible that I am carrying 5 babies without any of my doctors knowing...I'm thinking there is one in the belly, one in each gigantic thigh, and then one in each melon sized breast. Nice! As I am typing Adalyn is attempting to kick my laptop into the floor. I have also started experiencing this strage tingling sensation around my ribs. It is right under my breasts and does happen on each side, but its more frequent under my left breast. It doesn't hurt, the best way I can describe it really is just a light tingleing, buzzing, almost asleep type of feeling. Sort of like a light shock that you might get if you plugged your hair dryer in and your hand was a little wet...you know the feeling. Not painful just strange. Who knows what that is. I am carrying so low that I don't think it is possible for it to be her feet in that area. I never feel kicks or movement up high. Its just weird. But other than the uncontrollable boobs, tingling rib cage, swollen oversized sasquatch feet, and shortness of breath...I am still feeling pretty good. I am really starting to get excited as we are counting down in weeks instead of months. Once we hit Christmas we are about 2 months (8weeks) away from her arrival. I just can't wait for her to get here! We are working on finalizing some things for her nursery and showers are now in the works, which is very fun and exciting. I am so blessed with such amazing friends and family. This girl has NO IDEA how loved she already is by so many people. She is so rotten already, its sad! She is getting Christmas presents and she lives in my belly!! I do have an udpate on the letter situation....Trash! That really never worked out for me and I was lucky enough to come upon some very cute name signs this past weekend at a festival/fair thing in Franklin TN and I ordered one for her. They are super cute and all I have to do is pay for it...perfect! I have officially learned my lesson and I'm just not going to be "that" Mom, the cute crafty one with all the handmade this and that. Oh well, she will still be cute!

We start our holiday dash this weekend and I'm looking forward to it. We are non stop traveling for the next two weeknds making our way to all the family. I know it is going to be very tiring, but I love this time of year!

3 comments:

  1. hey girl that feeling is 1 of 2 things- hiccups from her or she is squirming and hit a nerve. I had those feelings alot and asked my doc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Renee! I am glad you shared that because I have been really torn about calling my doc on that one!

    ReplyDelete