Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking back...

As I look back on the year 2009, I realize WOW, we were busy people! It was truly an amazing year and I am thankful for all of the wonderful memories.

In January, we celebrated my birthday with a trip to Tunica to see Gary Allan with some of our best friends, Sam and Chris. I joined the rest of the world and started a Facebook page.

In March, Memphis saw the first big snow in years. I know 8-12 inches isn't a lot for many places, but it was something we don't see here in West Tennessee too often. Of course we took full advantage and got out and played! The dogs loved it, even though it was so deep Darby had a hard time getting around with her super short legs. Also, my best friend Misty gave birth to her first baby, Cade Gayton. He is one handsome little man!

In April, we "officially" welcomed John into our family as he and mom finally tied the knot in a beautiful outdoor ceremony. It was a gorgeous day and Mom looked absolutely beautiful. It was a joyous occasion! Also in April, we went to Wade and Elizabeth's wedding in Nashville, which was so beautiful and a lot of fun for Justin to see and spend time with so many of his old friends.

In May, we had family day at the Nashville zoo. I was a little sad that they didn't have any monkey shirts in adult sizes, but overall it was a very fun day! We celebrated the engagement of Esther and David with a big fiesta at our house. We wore sombreros, ate good Mexican food, and drank a few too many margaritas! Good times, good friends! Also, we took a shot at Camping with the family Memorial Day weekend. Unfortunately we got rained out, actually monsooned out!

In June, Justin and I took our highly anticipated, romantic vacation to Niagara Falls Canada. We had an amazing time! The Falls are breathtaking, I have never seen anything like it. We enjoyed the sights, the shopping, and the eating, but mostly we enjoyed the wine tour! Obviously....we enjoyed it all because we came home to discover a few weeks later that we were Pregnant!!

July was busy. The family went to Chattanooga for our annual white water rafting trip. I was not able to raft being that I was growing Baby Baker, but everyone had a great time. There were no near death experiences like last year which for most was a relief! We celebrated Don Fisher's (Justin's grandfather) 75th birthday and also Justin's 26th. Justin took me to the American Idol tour and I got to see Adam Lambert! Also, on July 23 we heard our baby's heartbeat for the very first time. It was the sweetest sound I have ever heard!

In August we vacationed on the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama with family and friends. It was great to be on the beach without hurricanes heading our way like last year. The weather was fantastic all week. My favorite part was burying Justin in the sand! Also, our sweet Lucy turned 1 yr old!

In September the girls took on the big city of Nashville for Esther's bachelorette party!


October was also a big month for us. Justin and I went to our first Colts game and they kicked some Titan butt! We found out that Baby Baker is a GIRL and we announced her name, Adalyn Ryan Baker! Esther Plank became Esther Bledsoe in a beautiful ceremony at the Memphis Zoo. We started on Addy's nursery. Justin and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary!! John and Leeann were married on Halloween.

In November, we celebrated Mom's birthday. Also, Justin and I successfully cooked our 2nd big Thanksgiving dinner at our home.

And last, but not least, December. We kicked off the month with a birthday party/ugly Christmas sweat party for Sara. I entered the last trimester of my pregnancy. We celebrated the holidays with all of our wonderful family and friends.

We have so much to look forward to in 2010. Justin and I are going to become parents!!! Our daughter, Adalyn is due March 2nd. I am going to go ahead and call 2010 the year of the babies because after Addy, we look forward to Riley Thomas Murley in mid March, Baby Lane in June, and Baby Holliday in August. I can't wait to see what else the year will have in store for us. Happy New Year everyone!!

2 comments: