Saturday, January 2, 2010

Birthday Girl

Today was my 28th birthday.....WOW....I have to take a minute and really process that number...t-w-e-n-t-y e-i-g-h-t. I know in my head that isn't old, but it is awfully close to 30, too close for my taste. But it is one of those inevitable things that you can't do anything about. It's crazy but I guess in my mind me and all of my friends are still 22ish, even though we are all basically married, with jobs, and babies (or babies on the way). It still seems unreal that I have friends that are turning 30, and that I am SO not far behind. When I am not thinking about the actual number....I have to admit that my life is pretty awesome. I am happily married to my wonderful husband, we have incredible family, I have the best group of girlfriends in the WORLD- ever, I have a great job and close to finishing my masters degree, and to top it off I only have 8 more weeks until I get to meet my daughter!

I had a great day today. There was no huge celebration, but it made me happy just the same. Justin and I went shopping, just for stuff. He got a new pair of tennis shoes and I got a new trashcan for the kitchen. It locks! Which means it is baby and doggie proof-I'm pretty excited about that! We came home, took a little nap (like some old folks) and then we went down town to eat dinner at Rendezvous then on to my favorite, Cheesecake Corner for delicious dessert. It was so nice to spend the day just the two of us. We don't get that chance very often without a list of things that we HAVE to do and I know that the chances will come even fewer and further between once Addy gets here, so for me today was extra special.

Sam text me this morning laughing remembering my birthday four years ago and how much we have changed since then. I celebrated my birthday 2006 (turning 24) with a Gangsta themed keg party! I wish I had a picture on my computer of my outfit that night....it was interesting to say the least. Sara and I were Gangsta'd out. Just thinking about it made me laugh too...hysterically. What a crazy night!! But she is right, we have come a long way and grown so much, and changed...for the better.

So I'll take 28 and enjoy it for a year, and not think about 29...or any other unmentionable birthdays that follow that. I am still a 20-something for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment