Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy weigh in day to me!

Tuesday morning is my weekly weigh in day. In the past I have always weighed in on Mondays. But I know that the weekends are when I am most likely to cheat be more lenient with my diet so I like having Mondays to get back on track. Today the scale revealed that I have lost 3.5 lbs! I LOVE having a really good week, it makes me want more! I started a new work out last week and I think that is what pulled me out of my rut. I am doing Power 90 and its sort of like a prerequisite to P90X. I won't say that I enjoy it (because I hate all exercise) but as far as a workout goes, I like it. It isn't dancey at all which is great for me because I zero amounts of grace and balance. It is challenging, but do-able. I hate a workout that is so challenging that you just feel like an out of shape loser because you can't keep up with the instructor and the cute skinny half-dressed people in the background. When I get something like that, I end up either half-ass doing the workout, or I just quit all together. So challenging yet do-able is perfect for me. I also like that it has 2 levels so that once you master level 1, you can move on to the next. This should keep me from getting too bored and also avoid that plateau we all hate.

I'm excited! I definitely feel like I've gotten back my weight loss mojo. I have been slacking for some time and feeling pretty disgusted with myself. I have 18.5 lbs to go, but I feel like I'm on the right road to get there. I keep looking at my buffalo picture which also keeps me motivated. I'm not ready to share this picture yet, but it will be one of my "before" pics for sure. It is a picture I took of myself and Addy on Valentines Day and I call it my buffalo picture because in it I look like a baby buffalo! Ugh, it is seriously horrible! But I will share this photo, which is also good motivation. This is me and my girlfriend Sam looking fabulous at her Bachelorette party in August 2008 (2 months before my own wedding.) I haven't ever gotten to say this before, but I think I look pretty smokin' here. I want to look like this again!

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand detesting exercise!! But yay for you on losing 3.5 lbs! That's great news!!! Now, I just need to do the same. And whenever you decide to share your buffalo picture, I'm sure I'll repeat what I'm about to say, but I think you always look gorgeous in any picture I've ever seen of you!!! Truthfully, you've always been one of the people I wanted to look like...even in middle school. Beautiful hair, gorgeous smile, etc etc etc!

    ReplyDelete