Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Putting myself in check

I am a complainer by nature. I realize that is not one of my finer qualities, but it's the truth. I have been especially complain-ey this last week (ok, maybe this last year) about moving, our house not selling, living in the apartment, job situation, school situation, etc etc....and now moving again.I've been packing all week preparing for Friday and the apartment is an absolute disaster. Everything is out of place, everything is unorganized, pushed to the side, stacked to the ceiling, and all up in my way. Complain much? YES! Just a few minutes ago I was tip toeing quietly down the hall to take a shower. Addy is sleeping so I was trying my very best not to wake her sshhhhh so quiet.....and down I go.I trip over a stack of boxes and face plant onto the floor. I said a string of some very unlady like words and then went on to the bedroom and almost started crying. Sound a little crazy? Yes! But in my defense, we've got a lot going on this week, I'm feeling just a little stressed, I strongly dislike big messes, its PMS week, and I fell down and it hurt! Good thing is my little spill did not wake the baby! I decided I needed to take a moment to stop complaining and just be thankful. So I am going to list at least 10 things that I am thankful for and hope that it gives me a little perspective.

1. I am thankful for my sweet baby girl. God has blessed in the most incredible way by giving me that precious little person. I am just overwhelmed by the love I feel for her.
2. I am thankful for Justin. He has been the sole provider for our family for almost a year now and he works so so hard. He works harder than anyone I've ever known and he does it for me and Addy. He works long, stressful hours and most days still manages to come home in a great mood. We love daddy!
3. I am thankful for my Mom. She is the best mom is the world. She's my best friend, and even at 29 years old, she still knows how to make everything all better when its not going my way.
4. I am thankful for my family. I don't have a big one, basically just me, mom, Ryan and Lisa, and Mimi. But they are pretty great. I have really enjoyed being closer to Ryan and Lisa this year and I'm looking forward to being even closer after we move. Any big sister worth her salt would never publicly admit to liking her little brother- and I totally don't- but he's really ok and he's a great uncle. Pog- if you read this, I will still beat you up if you try to question my authority.
5. I am thankful for my in law family. I hate the word in law, it sounds so formal. And I am really very lucky because I married into a great family that has always accepted me with love. I've never had a big family, so being a part of Justin's is always a fun experience.
6. I am thankful for my friends. I am a firm believer that a woman is only as strong as the circle of women that she surrounds herself with, and I know some pretty fabulous ladies!
7. I am thankful that I will be starting back to school in the fall. I have been working on my masters since 2008! That's a long time! I am looking forward to finishing up my final two semesters.
8. I am thankful that we found a house to move to. It was pretty slim pickins' and I wasn't sure we would be able to find anything. We got very lucky, which was a nice change from the usual. It is a nice home in a good neighborhood and close to family.
9. I am thankful for my health and my family's health.
10. I am thankful for naps. Sounds like a silly one after all the super good ones I listed above right? But seriously, I think God invented naps specifically for stay at home Moms. It is how we keep our sanity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment