Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A long year, a fresh start

We have been in Nashville almost a year now. Our official move-in date here at our apartment was April 9th and our official moving-out date is now set for March 25, which is next Friday. To say I am HAPPY is an understatement. I am so excited to be getting out of this apartment that I can hardly stand it! We are moving into a house in Spring Hill which means more square footage! This last year has been like living in a shoe box, we are literally busting at the seams. We are renting because our home in Memphis never sold. We currently have renters living there. It is not our ideal situation, but for now it is what works. Either way, I am ready to say good bye to the obnoxious dryer, the stomp queen above us, muddy walkways, and broken fridge drawers and say HELLO to a jacuzi tub, a mailbox that is actually in my driveway, a playroom, our grill, and a yard where Addy can play!

I have been staying at home with Addy since last August. I have enjoyed her so much, however I never had a clue how much work stay at home Moms do and how hard it can be sometimes. It is one of those things that I don't think you can truly respect until you have done it. My life completely revolves around her, and I wouldn't have it any other way. But it is difficult not to lose yourself when you live for someone else. I have struggled with that as well as trying to find my way through maintaining a marraige after a baby. I remember my pre-baby self saying things like, "I am so busy", "I'm so tired", and "There's just not enough hours in the day". HA HA, is all I have to say to that. I didn't know what tired was...and lets not even talk about free time. What in the world was I doing then, because now I know what it means to seriously have not a free minute. Oh I remember what I was doing....going to the gym, getting my nails done, napping, happy hour with the girls, long weekends with Justin. You know, stuff like that. Our lives have definitely changed, but absolutely for the better. Justin works such long days that sometimes its like we are just ships passing in the night. But we have finally figured out little ways to make the most of our time together and life is good. As for keeping up with myelf, I have recently gotten back on my diet and started working out again. It is difficult to find the time and even more difficult not to snack during the day since I am at home and within pantry reach at all times. But working on my body makes me feel good about myself, even though it is a daily challenge. I didn't reach my goal last year of running a 5K, but I have not given up and I am looking forward to spring temperatures and getting back into my running shoes! Several of my girlfriends are also doing weight watchers so we all encourage eachother. Although it would be nice if any of them were close enough to workout with, I am still thankful we are doing it together. So I'm feeling good.

We just celebrated Adalyn's 1st birthday a couple of weeks ago. The weather was beautiful and so many of our family and friends came to share our special day. I worked very hard on the planning and putting everything together. I was really happy with the way everything turned out, but seriusly, first birthday parties are a lot of work! It was so much fun to see Addy and all of her little friends down in the floor playing together. Most of my friends' kids are Addy's age or within a year or so of her and I love that they will be friends too. I have always been blessed with such amazing friends. I can't believe my pretty girl is already one! Her first year went by too fast. Every new stage in her life was so fun and exciting and Justin and I did our best to take in every precious moment. I am looking forward to all the new things her second year will bring. I see walking in our very near future! I wouldn't trade being home with her for anything in the world. I am so greatful for Justin giving me this opportunity. Being a single income family was never in our plans and it is not easy. I will never ever be able to thank him enough for the time she and I spend together. I love that little girl more than anything in the world. Being her Mom is the best job I will ever have, and despite all my pregnancy nightmares, I am actually pretty good at it.

I will be moving temporarily back to Jackson in the fall with Addy. Unfortunately only 8 hours of my graduate courses will transfer so since I have over 30 hours of credit I have to finish at the University of Memphis. I will begin student teaching in August and luckily I can complete this in Jackson where I can live with Mom and I have lots of support to help with Addy. I am dreading being away from Justin through the week, especially with monkey. She adores her daddy and I know it will be so hard on both of them. After the fall I will be certified to teach, and if there happens to be openings, I will be back to work in January. Although the 16 weeks will be hard on all of us, it will be so worth it in the end. I will have to complete my master's project online in the spring and then I will finally graduate in May 2012. Yay!!!

To sum up, this was one of the hardest but at the same time the absolute happiest year of my life. Having Adalyn has brought more love and laughter into our lives than we could have ever imagined. Good things are coming this way for our happy little family. Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you! Glad things are going well! (and totally feel you on the "house that won't sell" issue!)

    ReplyDelete