Saturday, February 20, 2010

Letters from Lockdown: Day 4

I have been laying on the couch since 7am. It is now 11:30. FUN!

Yesterday's doctor's appointment was basically pointless, but we did get some good news....still not the news I was hoping for, however. I had lost 4 lbs since Tuesday which is great, knock that off the 70 I've gained. I did not get to see my doctor, she got stuck in surgery. I did not particularly like the guy that I saw instead. He was kind of an ass-hat. We had another ultra sound and Adalyn is still doing great. She was VERY active for some reason yesterday. It was like she was around 7 months. Something just had her happy I guess (possibly the yummy baskin robbins ice cream I had just eaten??). The tech doing the ultrasound was actually having a hard time getting her measurements because she was squirming around so much. She did point out her very fat little cheeks! She tried to print us off a face picture, but again she was to wiggly and it came out all blurry. But she looks cute...of course! My blood pressure was better. Blood pressure is weird to me. The top number was higher, but the bottom number was considerably lower, which pleased the jerk doctor that I saw. Tuesday my BP was 149/90 and yesterday it was 152/70. They did say that although my urine test was not positive for toxemia at this time, some of my levels were boarder line for having it and that it can progress to a serious situation quickly, so I am still on bed rest.

Dr. Chauhan was walking in as we were walking out. She apologized and said she had been in surgery all day. I told her my results and she was pleased, but Jerk Doctor made some smart ass comment that she could tell was irritating me. She kindly put her hand on my shoulder and told me not to worry we would talk more Tuesday when I saw her........

I am praying so hard that she will have a very safe and healthy delivery SOON. I am praying that she will drop and that I will be able to go into labor on my own. I'm ready when ever she is!! I know we are still a week from our due date. I am just impatient I guess....and laying on the couch is definitely not making me any less anxious!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment