Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tomorrow I become a Mommy

I can't be live this journey has finally come to the end. I remember the morning that I found out I was pregnant. It was late June, we had been back from our Canadian vacation right at two weeks. I sort of had an inkling...(that added on to the fact that I knew we had too much Riesling on a wine tour one night and forgot our "prevention" while on vaca). I had taken a pregnancy test two days before and it was negative, but I just had a feeling. It was a Friday morning. I took my test in the other bathroom while Justin was showering because if it was negative again I didn't want him to think I was crazy. The first pink line appeared and then a very faint...VERY FAINT second line began to show. I was shaking so hard I could hardly walk into our bathroom. I made Justin get out of the shower to look at it. He was a little more skeptical, but I could see the slightest glimpse of excitement spread across his face. What an incredible morning that was! It seems like it was just a few weeks ago....not 9 months ago. The time has flown by so fast. OK, maybe not the last 4 weeks or so, but the rest of it really and truly has just been a blur. A crazy, emotional, beautiful, surprising, special, breath taking, blur.

Today was my last day of being a non-parent. I woke up very early this morning and came down stairs. I spent about an hour holding Darby and giving her lots of kisses. It seems like she sort of knows that everything in our lives is about to change. I know I won't get to spend near as much time loving on my first born baby after Addy gets here, so I loved our cuddle time. After Justin got up, we went to breakfast at Waffle House. I LOVE Waffle House and it was delicious. We came home and spent the rest of the afternoon finishing up some last minute stuff. I finished up my work and set my voicemail and email to away messages. It feels very strange that I won't be at work for 6-8 weeks! I wanted to leave my caseload in a good place so that my supervisor wouldn't be in a hot mess while I am out. Mom cleaned the house all morning...like serious clean, she even did the windows. I am positive that my windows have never been cleaned. Justin ran some errands, picked up groceries, got batteries in everything that is baby, and got the wipe warmer going. I finished adding last minute things into our hospital bag and got the last of our thank you notes written and in the mail. After that we really just took it easy and relaxed a little. Mom cooked us a yummy spaghetti dinner tonight, and my brother just got here about 30 minutes ago. It is getting so close! We have lots of family and friends that will be sharing our big day with us and that makes me very happy!

I wish I could write exactly how I am feeling right now, but I can't seem to think of the right words. I am so full of emotions like excitement and anticipation and love and....so many other things. But I also feel very peaceful. I am not nervous at all. That could all change in the morning, but I will enjoy the calm for now. As much as I can't wait to see my daughter for the first time, I really really can't wait to see Justin see and hold our daughter for the first time. He is going to be such a wonderful Daddy! I am about to have a little family....I never imagined I would ever be this lucky.

Tonight I will be praying for a safe delivery of one healthy baby girl. I can't believe I am going to be a parent. It is the biggest, most important job that I have ever had the privilege of taking on. God has given me such an amazing gift. Tomorrow I will be Adalyn's Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment