Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Update: T-3 weeks

This past week was pretty much the same as the last few have been. I'm still extremely uncomfortable and anxious to get this party started. I was disappointed at my doctor's appointment on Tuesday to learn that I have not started dilating at all. I know there is still plenty of time, but I just like knowing in my head the exact date of the light at the end of the tunnel. If I don't start progressing on my own, we will not be able to induce on the 26th. I just have my fingers crossed for next week.

We had our final prepared child birth class this week. We talked all about breast feeding, and it was extremely informative. It made me feel much more confident about a lot of it, but nervous about it at the same time. I can't wait for that amazing bonding experience that I will share with my baby girl, I just hope and pray that I will know how and what to do to ensure that she gets everything she needs from me and more. I want her to be the healthiest happiest baby on the planet!

We worked a lot this week on the nursery. It really is coming together. It is fun to spend time in there. I spend a lot of time in there...especially since I am now sleeping every night in the recliner in there (Thank GOD for that chair, thanks Mom!) but it is fun for Justin to spend time in there with me too, just planning and preparing. It makes me feel close to her already. I guess I should feel really close to her all the time since she lives in my belly, but it makes it hard sometimes because of all the pain and discomfort that I am experiencing. I know every woman goes through these things during a pregnancy. I am no different or any more unhappy, but it is a lot to deal with. I'm going to put a little **disclaimer** right here and state that if you have a week stomach or you just don't want to know Jennifer Baker in an up close and personal way....you should stop reading here because I'm about to go into some gross detail here. On Monday I discovered that I have hemorrhoids. I use discover very loosely because let me just say that when you are 9 months pregnant, using a mirror to try to discover anything is an extremely difficult, nearly impossible task. So I spotted what I assumed were hemorrhoids. I have never ever in my life been so humiliated and embarrassed and just disgusted with myself. At that moment in our bathroom I wanted to be anything or anyone besides myself. I mean how gross is that??! I couldn't stop the emotion again. I had another breakdown. They seem to be coming more frequently here in the last few weeks. I'm not proud, but again, I couldn't stop it. I cried hysterically and called my Mom to ask what to do. Poor Justin just stood by me and tried to comfort me, probably thinking in his head what an idiot I am. He really is the best husband. We had our doctor's appointment Tuesday morning, and my suspicions were confirmed. And by the way...nothing at this point has been successful in solving my new little problem, which just adds to my miserableness.

Anyway....we got to have our shower that was postponed due to weather last weekend, this Saturday. It was great! There is nothing better than spending time with your best friends and family. Misty and Abby's little ones are growing so much. They are so so precious. Wendy and Michael found out in January that baby Lane is going to be a girl! Wendy is due early June. I can't believe that in the next 5 months, we will have 5 kids between the 4 of us. So crazy! Also Saturday, my college crew and I hosted a baby shower for Amber and her sweet baby boy, Riley, due in early March. Adalyn and Riley are the first 2 of 4 babies making an appearance in this group of friends this year. Esther just shared this week that she and David are expecting in August, and Ashley and Chuck will be seeing their sweet baby in September. Babies, babies, babies!

I can't believe that we will meet our daughter in less than a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment