Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend Update: T-2 weeks

The first part of this week was good, pretty uneventful. I was very busy at work still trying to work ahead to keep my co-workers from having to do too much with my caseload while I am on leave. We had our weekly doctor's appointment on Tuesday. Adalyn's heartbeat was 152 beats per minute. My doctor confirmed that she has officially dropped and is ready for her big debut. Only 1 problem with that, my body is apparently not ready yet. I have still not started dilating on my own. There is still plenty of time of course and some people it just happens all at once, but without dilating there can be no schedule inductions as we have been hoping for the entire pregnancy. Dr. Chauhan is somewhat concerned with her increasing size, so we will be having an ultrasound at our next appointment on Tuesday to get a check on her length and weight. I'm definitely a little nervous about this. Large, LARGE (10 lb) babies run in Justin's family. That does not sound like something I want to squeeze out of....you know where. She mentioned the 'C' word....Cesarean section. I have mixed feelings about that, I guess we will just have to see how it goes.

Thursday night I got a little fake out from my sweet daughter. I had a series of about 3 contractions in about an hour and a half. The last one was really painful, I actually thought we were about to get this party started. We went to bed, but I could NOT sleep, excitedly waiting for the next contraction! However, it never came and it turned into a sleepless night of tossing and turning. I am feeling pretty decent considering.... my swelling is still unbelievable, it really gets worse by the day. I don't know how my doctor is not concerned, but she isn't. My fingers actually ache and throb with pain and my legs and feet....I can't even describe at this point what they look like. It's awful.

Friday I spent the day getting ready to head to Jackson to spend the night at my Mom's and hang out with my Mimi and Pog and Lisa. Sadly, these plans did not work out. I'm sure you all know what happened in Huntsville on Friday afternoon, and that Lisa's mother Stephanie was shot. Our family has spent the weekend trying to cope and make sense of this horrible tragedy. Good news is that at this point, Stephanie is doing very well. She is still in ICU, and will be for some time, but she is responding to family through nods and hand squeezes and even mouthing words, which is amazing progress for what happened to her. You can read updates and leave supportive messages for Ryan and Lisa at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stephaniem. I ask you to visit the site and leave a message for them, even if you don't know my brother and Lisa, every word and prayer is encouraging and at a time like this, the love and support of others is what can keep you going and keep your hope and faith alive.

Justin and I waited in Jackson Saturday night and did get to spend a little time with Pog and Lisa. My mom had driven them to Huntsville Friday night, so they came back late Saturday so that Ryan and Lisa could go home and get some clothes and some things in order before going back to Huntsville Sunday afternoon. Again, please continue to send your thoughts and prayers their way.

Sunday, Justin and I finished up in the nursery. Everything is really ready to go, just waiting on a baby! I finished packing our hospital bag and Justin got her car seat in the car. Just two more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment