Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Letters from Lockdown: Day 7

Wooooooohoooooooo! We are going to meet our daughter on Friday, just three days from now. I can't believe it is finally here. We went to the doctor this morning. My blood pressure was still high and unfortunately Addy was even higher. She still has not dropped and therefore, my cervix has not begun to soften and dilate. My doctor discussed my options with me and she said that even if we were to wait another week, the chances of me being able to have her vaginally was less than 10%. She offered to let me come in on Thursday night and start Pitocin and try to induce labor first, but she said that honestly, the results would be the same. She said that even with contractions, with the way my cervix was at this point, it would be not enough to get her down and get my cervix open. In the end I would be 12 hours exhausted from having labor contractions, but never any signs of labor. So Justin and I decided that a c-section was our best option. I am disappointed....but I want her to have the safest possible delivery....and you all know how READY I am, so I feel relieved. We are scheduled for 10:30am Friday morning. Dr. Chauhan said I should be holding my baby by 11! I am so excited, I can't wait to see the little face that I have been growing for 9 months!!! I am still on bed rest for Wednesday and Thursday, but now, with an end in sight I don't feel so depressed! I actually feel a little panicked. I mean I have to get my house clean, finish up the last of my work, get everything arranged for my dogs.....in just 2 days!! I am lucky that Dee was here yesterday and did laundry for us and my Mom is here to help me get the house ready before Friday. Justin is taking off Thursday too to do any last minute stuff and get the car loaded. So I know it will all get taken care of. Get ready for pictures people! It is finally happening....I am having a baby!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. "safest possible delivery" - the best thing to focus on... even if it means our sweet babies aren't delivered in the way we always imagined. Congratulations! (a few days early!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! I know a c-section isn't what you wanted but pretty soon you'll be able to hold your sweet little girl. The most important thing is that you remain healthy as well as Adalyn! Will be thinking of you on Friday! Try to get as much rest as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smart decision! After being in labor forever and then having to have a c section you will be so tired and exhausted that you wont get to enjoy the birth. I wish someone had told me ahead of time I might not be able to deliver vaginally. Being alert and awake makes the process so much more special. For 9 months you were her comforter and protector so you have done a great job already of being a great mommy. Enjoy the next 2 days as much as possible and EATTT everything you want cause after she gets here you won't have the "I'm pregnant" excuse anymore :) Congrats and it's the best gift you will ever receive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! I agree that being scheduled to have one is better than laboring and then having one. That really wore me out. They started my pitocin at 8 in the morning and by 4 in the afternoon I'd only dialated 1/2 a centimeter more so we went for the c-section. You'll do great! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete