Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekend Update: T-4 Weeks

This week was crazy! Tennessee experienced ICE....and lots of it. The wintry mix started here in Memphis around 9am Friday morning and did not stop all day. We had a steady steam of sleet and frozen rain. We saw a little bit of snow, but not near as much as some of the other places around us. Our back yard was a solid sheet of ice, our poor doggies had no idea what to think of it. They sort of just slid around out there. Although the weather made for some very serious conditions around here, all weekend the neighborhood was filled with happy kids playing up and down the street on four wheelers and trash can lids. I for one did not appreciate the weather whatsoever! My family baby shower was supposed to be Saturday evening and it had to be postponed due to bad roads and ice. I was so very disappointed, I was really looking forward to spending time with my family and best friends. It was one of those weeks (you know from earlier posts) where I just could have used the time with my girls. Also, I hate being on lock down in the house. I started going a little stir crazy Friday, so come Saturday afternoon I had to get out! Since we couldn't go to Jackson for the shower, Justin took me to Chickfila and then to Target. We weren't gone long, but it was enough to keep me from losing it!

Luckily, our shower today was able to go on. Our sweet cousin Ceecee and Aunt Linda had a wonderful shower for us. It was really beautiful and Justin and I had a great time. And Kyle and Ceecee's new house is so pretty! I am so happy that everyone was able to make it safely and celebrate baby Adalyn with us. I can say one thing, Adalyn is going to be one very stylish baby!

The rest of the week was kind of blah for me. I spent most of it in a terrible mood, and I can't really tell you why. Our child birth class Wednesday night was great. We talked about options for pain management, which I love...I love pain medication! We have one more week, we really have learned a lot and the class has helped to relieve many of my anxieties about the actual process if childbirth.

We are now only 4 weeks away from her arrival. I just cannot believe it!! There have been a few points throughout that have seemed to drag a little, but really my pregnancy has gone by so fast. Right now I enjoy spending time in her nursery just getting things organized and ready for my baby to come home. Sometimes I also like to just sit in the recliner in there. I am not doing anything in there, I just like being in her nursery. There is nothing easy about being 9 months pregnant, but as much as hard as it is, I know that in the end, Justin and I are going to have a daughter! What a miracle and a blessing. I can't wait to meet her and see that little face for the first time. It won't be long!

No comments:

Post a Comment