Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Feeling Less Flustered Today...

So as the saying goes "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" I guess that is what I have done...sort of. After pouting all night, feeling anxious lost and depressed, and hearing the song "Beauty School Drop Out" playing repeatedly over and over in my head, I decided this morning that there was nothing I could do about the situation with school and I would just have to make the best of it. And let's be honest, more time to focus on my sweet newborn daughter is a little better than just making the best of it.

Everyone knows how I am always talking about how amazing my girlfriends are? This morning, one of them proved to me again that friends really are like Angels! As I was venting my frustrations out to Carrie and telling her how now I really have no need for full time day care (as I won't be student teaching in the fall and I work from home 2 days a week) she offered to also take care of Addy on her 2 days a week working from home. She volunteered to drive out to my house 2 days a week and take care of my baby! How wonderful is that? I have been so leary about Day Care ever since we signed Addy up back in the fall. The facility is nice and close to our home, but really....it is a scary decision. With Carrie, I have one of my closest friends, that I know and trust 100% caring for my baby...in the comfort of Addy's own home! It is like the 3rd best thing to being home with her myself or having one of the Grandmas! I am so thankful and so happy!

This left me down to 1 day a week. I did some research and some asking around and I was referred to check out a Mother's Day Out program at a local church that is very close to my office. I looked up their program on the internet and it seemed pretty good. I called to speak with them, and the woman that I got on the phone was so sweet and gave wonderful information. She made me feel great about it by just talking to her on the phone....but I'm no dummy :) I have a tour set up for Justin and I to go see it Friday morning. It is one of the few MDO programs that will take a baby at 3 months old and the rate is more than reasonable! So if all goes well with the tour....it looks like we might be set up!

Although my plans aren't exactly what I had planned...I can say that I am much more comfortable with these arrangements for my baby. And she is after all, the most important one!

No comments:

Post a Comment