Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Update: T-5 weeks

This week was kind of rough over all. I feel like I am really losing steam and channeling the Little Engine that Could I have to keep reminding myself "I think I can...I think I can...". I am really tired and not getting much sleep at night. Until like noon, I basically feel like a two ton zombie. A lot of this is of course due to the fact that I am 35 weeks pregnant, I have a giant belly, there is NO comfortable way to lay at this point, I pee every hour on the hour, I am having some graphic and very bizarre dreams about labor delivery and giant talking babies, and my hips and back are killing me. My swelling is just out of control. My legs, ankles, and feet are HUGE, I've never seen anything like it and it really sucks. I am also battling a sinus infection this week that is making me feel like poo, but the good news is I seem to have found a medication combination that does help a little; mucinex and sudafed. But in the mean time I can't breathe through my nose, therefore my throat gets very sore at night and my lips are so chapped that they just hurt. I also tried a saline nose spray (as a substitute for Affrin which I am addicted to during sinus infections) and ohmygod that is just horrific torture. I gagged, coughed, spit, and cried all at the time time. I will not be using that spray ever again.

Now that I have all of that out, the week did have some wonderful high points:

* had dinner with my friend Laura who I haven't seen in months
* bought 2 nursing bras that actually fit
* great report at my doctor's appointment Tuesday, Addy is doing wonderful
* DB's 50th birthday party was awesome, so much fun! Wanda knows how to throw a party! And John made it home for the party, added bonus.
* Sara and Esther had a wonderful baby shower for me today! It was just a small, intimate gathering, but they really made it special. The decorations were beautiful, the food was delicious and the games were hilarious; very fun afternoon. Plus I got to bring home lots of new goodies for Adalyn, some left over fried ravioli (Esther knows what I like!), and I'm enjoying (again) one of the yummy cupcakes as we speak SCORE!
* Payton is going to the Super Bowl...my husband is on top of the world

No comments:

Post a Comment