Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My New Years Resolutions

I realize that it is the 6th of January, but I really had to think long and hard before making my resolutions this year because for whatever reason, it is important to me to keep them. So I have made my decisions and am posting them publically so that I can be held accountable!

#1) I will keep my hands to myself and try to remember that I am a lady during labor and delivery. I do not want to physically assault my husband, because, although at the time I will be blaming all of the pain and torture on him....I know that I was a willing participant in the creation of our daughter and therefore consented to allowing my body to go through this trauma. I also want to remember that whatever flies out of my mouth may not be rememberd by me...but it will be remembered by everyone in the room, and I don't want to cause myself any more embarassment than normal labor already allows (hello..lady town up in the air for all to see!)

#2) I will run a 5K by October 2010. I had started running right before I got pregnant. I was no where near this goal at that time, but it was what I was working towards so I would like to pick up where I left off after Adalyn is born. I know this will be a great way for me to get back in shape after birth plus, if I am able to do this, the reward for me personally will be so great. I really REALLY want to accomplish this. Autism Solutions has an annual 5K in the fall (Sept. or Oct) and as this is a cause that is very dear to my heart, this will be my debut. I know it will be hard and seem almost impossible at times, but I am going to do it!

So there they are folks. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment