Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Update: T-6 weeks


We are now 6 weeks away from our due date.....crazy!! I can't even belive it. As I watched Justin put together and complete our new baby swing tonight (which is now sitting up completely assembled in our living room just waiting for a baby) I begin to feel a little twinge of panick in my stomach. There is going to be a baby in that swing very soon. A real baby...a baby that belongs to me...that lives here ...and I am fully responsible for her life. It is starting to hit me. I am going to be a mommy!


This past Wednesday we started our child birth class. It is a four week course one night a week at our doctor's office. There are about 10 couples in our class and it is quite a diverse group. I am the 3rd pregnant-ist girl in or class, there are two girls due about a week before me. Most everyone else is due in April. Justin and I really enjoyed the class. Our instructor gave some very good information and it was nice to just hear things from other expecting moms; such as their worries, concerns, discomforts, etc. It made me feel like maybe I am somewhat normal in some of my craziness. It was also nice to be reminded how blessed I have been throughout my pregnancy because I really have had it pretty easy. There were a lot of women who have had some serious problems throughout their pregnancy. Although I am definately in the seriuosly uncomfortable stage now, and I am not getting much sleep at all.....up until the last few weeks I haven't had much to complain about.


Friday we went to the Mother's Day Out program that I mentioned earlier this week and we loved it. A sense of comfort sort of came over me as we toured it and I feel like that is going to be a great place for our baby girl. Definately a relief!


Saturday we got to spend the day with Julie, Brandon, and Lucy. We don't get to see them near as much as we would like to so this day was a treat! We did some eating, watched a little football, and did a lot of laughing! Lucy is at such a great age. She is so much fun...and so FUNNY! This was the second time this week that Justin and I got to hang out with our sweet neice, and we enjoyed every minute of it. She is a mess! I think she even started to like her Uncle Justin and Aunt Jenn. Being with her also made me even more excited for Adalyn to get here. Saturday was just a really great day!


Sunday we had our first baby shower in Halls at cousin Shelley's house. Adalyn got some really great gifts. I know I say it all the time, but we really are blessed with wonderful family. I just can't say it enough. We enjoyed the afternoon with the family...and we ate some really yummy cake!


Another busy week awaits us....looking forward to DB's 50th birthday party this coming weekend and another baby shower with some of my girlfriends!

1 comment:

  1. I totally know how you are feeling...as it got closer I got more and more excited, but I also got more and more nervous about taking care of someone else. Don't worry, you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete